Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight....huh?

OK. Twilight. There are no spoilers, but if you are a Twilight lover and are easily offended - STOP HERE.

I haven't read the books. I *have* read all of the blogs gushing about this series of books called Twilight. I trust you guys implicitly...well...kinda.... Anyway, my 21 year old niece was visiting from out of town last week and I thought that Twilight might be a great young adult flick to go check out - together. She had never heard of it. However, with me talking it up the week before her visit...we were so convinced that we would LOVE this movie and series that we bought the books the day the movie came out and went to see it the first night. We took my husband, too. Do you see where this is going?

There was A WHOLE LOT OF BUILD UP!

We got in line for the movie. WE GOT IN LINE! We managed to get my favorite seats in the stadium seating movie theater...the first row as it goes up that has a railing in front, perfect to perch my dainty feet. The crowd was excited, to say the least. There was quite a bit of squealing and giggling before the movie started. I was so excited.

Once the movie started....the excitement fizzled and the confusion began.

The crowd seemed pretty engaged and ummm...I wasn't. The crowd was laughing, giggling and screaming at places that I didn't understand. I felt like I was watching a foreign movie without subtitles. I WAS A LOST. We all were. My husband was TRYING to fall asleep.

It WASN'T a BAD movie, but it WASN'T a GOOD movie either. It WASN'T a BAD story..., um....but it WASN'T a GOOD story either. I thought the girl who played Bella was very good. I can imagine that the book might be better....but I had heard some references to this series being the next Harry Potter.....umm...no...I don't think so.

OK. That's it. I'm done.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I came here from Blog Stalkers Unite, and since it's about Twilight, I thought I would comment.

Don't let my little picture fool you. I am not a fan. I saw the movie yesterday, and wow. Not the worst movie I have ever seen, but it definitely wasn't good.

I'm posting my review on Tuesday. It's nice to see other people who weren't completely swept away by it. :)

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...