Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Survey! I LOVE THIS STUFF!

OK. I went over to Georgie's blog at Decisionally Challenged and found two things. She has a CONFESSIONAL which you can comment on anonymously. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?! And found that she had a Christmas Survey posted (which she calls a MEME, but I don't know what that means so I'm just going to say - Survey). Well....it seems she found it on The Life of Binks, which is also a cool blog. A day in the life of binks: Christmas Meme

Long story not so short...here is my survey!

Christmas Survey!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
BOTH - Although I typically buy a huge roll of fabulous wrapping paper from Costco that wraps my gifts for Christmas for the next 3 years. I then use it as a central theme and buy bags accordingly. Sounds like I give this too much thought, huh?

2. Real tree or Artificial?
REAL, REAL, REAL - I'm not going to judge you Artificial tree buyers....but OLD people usually use artificial trees. OLD people and people who don't have fun. OK. I am judging you. But I'm kidding. Does that help?


3. When do you put up the tree? take the tree down?
Hmmm...since we are a real tree family and having FUN constantly....we don't generally put the tree up until a week or so before Christmas. We don't' take the tree down until after Jan. 6th - the Epiphany.


4. Do you like eggnog?
Yes. The creamier the better....thick...but not eggy....I don't like thin eggnog.

5. Favorite gift received as a child?
Easybake oven.

6. Hardest person to buy for?
Everyone, except myself as I'm wandering aimlessly looking for everyone else's gift.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. It's a ceramic nativity scene I painted for my father as a gift. Sadly, he died before I could give it to him. Setting out the nativity scene under the tree was his favorite part of the whole Christmas preparation. Now it's mine.

8. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail - always stressful getting them out...but out they go.

9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Can't think of one.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Oh, man....so many! OK...I have a top 10 - no particular order:
  • Christmas in Connecticut (Barbra Stanwyck version)
  • White Christmas
  • Love Actually
  • It's A Wonderful Life
  • Scrooged
  • Holiday Affair (Janet Leigh, Robert Mitchem version)
  • Miracle on 34th Street (original & latest)
  • Meet Me in St. Louis
  • A Christmas Carol
  • Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I normally start in earnest a few weeks before Christmas....I was always the girl shopping on Christmas Eve.

12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No. I've wanted to. But, no.

13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My Mom's holiday soup. Homemade pasta lasagna (again credited to Mom), cousins Maria and Gisela's homemade cookies.

14. Lights on the tree?
White lights.
(during my formative years...there was a silver tinsel tree that had a rotating colored lights wheel shining on it....now it's pure white)

15. Favorite Christmas song?
Again...to many to name.
  • O Holy Night
  • Father Christmas - the Kinks
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • O Bambino
  • Waiting For the Man With the Bag
  • God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings - Barenaked Ladies/Sarah McLaughlin
  • Joy to the World
  • Please Come Home for Christmas (Aaron Neville)


16. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Since marrying The Him....it's been a lot of travel...sometimes at Christmas...this year...the farthest yet.

17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Yes :)

18. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I've always loved an angel - but our 4 year old (who is addicted to The Polar Express) feels really strongly about a star on top of the tree...and since I feel really strongly about what HE feels really strongly about....I feel really strongly about a STAR.

19. Open the presents Christmas eve or Christmas day?
Christmas Morning - after a long winters nap!

20. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
taking the decorations down and the house looking sooooo.....naked.

21. Favorite ornament theme or color?
A little walnut from Hallmark that you open and there is a family scene inside.

22. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Holiday soup, followed by lasagna, meatballs, sausage, bracciole followed by veal cutlet and all of the sides!

23. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A memento of our trip. (Think GOLD, my love!)

Alright now, you do it....give us the Christmas lowdown....let me know if you do it so I can go read!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not sure what a meme means exactly other than it's so fun to say LOL
I enjoyed your list!
TY for the shout out-the confessional will be open Dec 5th ;-)

binks said...

thanks for stealing the meme and the shoutout.
Meme = this is stuff that is all about ME glorious ME! You and Georgie are funny.
As for the down turned nose at the old lady artificial tree....
1) I am an old lady - what exactly is your point???
2) I am allergic to pine - still stuck on that old lady comment, sheeesh, you just wait, Missy - your day will come. ROFL

Looking forward to reading more from googoogaga land.
;)

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Binks & Georgie! Thank you for stopping by...you guys crack me up too!

The MeMeMeMe thing is right up my alley! I've been known to sing that tune on occasion. :)

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...