Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Romantic

I being the husband, the him, you might find it amusing that, yes I, before I was even married to my wife, had seen Sense and Sensibility. I also on the other hand love a good shoot up movie like True Lies. I have a wide variety of interest in movies. Bottom line...I love being entertained. I love a good story. I do draw the line at The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. My brother in law and I came to the same conclusion on that movie that we will never get those wasted 2 hours back. If fact my bro in law made mention that he felt like a jackass for wasting his time with it.

That being said...I love a good movie...shoot em up or romantic. I have realized that my son is on the same path....let me set the evening....

As dinner came to a close, the subject of Family Movie Night came up. Different names came up...but we came down on the side of Alladin with the influence of my son :)

As we are cleaning up I start looking for the movie....and looking ...and looking. You who have Disney movies know which ones you have and usually where they are. My wife and I looked high and low. We had to break the news to my son and daughter that Alas we could not find it....It was here where the choice came down to an old classic....Cinderella. My son is usually hesistant on new movies...but once he sees one, it's his new favorite :)

I had my doubts about his interest level it in this one...how long would he watch it before he started in with his cars or trains. Afterall it wasn't Cars, Monsters Inc, Polar Express...action action movies. Well....as the evening proceeded, we see that our daughter is GLUED to the screen...motionless. That is to be expected...my little princess that twirls on the floor to Once Upon a Dream. We were beaming!

It was my son's reaction that actually brought a tear to my eyes. He too was engaged in the movie the whole time. Actually there were times that he didn't like because they scared him abit. It was about the time that Cindrella's fairy god mother came out and tranformed her that he sat in the corner of the couch...knees up alittle...very engaged. He watch intently as the pumkin is transformed into a carriage and such. It is when she gets to the ball....the prince is perusing his potential brides, he spys Cindrella dancing on the balcony by herself...the prince stares, smiles, walks right by the evil step sisters......It is here where my son out of no where starts clapping his hands with this grin on his face....He was so happy that the prince saw past the step sisters and saw Cinderella. My wife and I just looked at each other and grinned. My cars and trains guy is a romantic at heart. This is not to say that we didn't already know he is a very sweet boy but now we know that he is a romantic too. That makes this daddy very happy.

2 comments:

Adlibby said...

First of all, Cinderella never sounded so good! You should consider a career in movie reviews. Secondly, I'm a little misty-eyed. Ahhhhh...

Lesley said...

Found you by way of SITS....I loved this...and hope my punkin -poo baby boy will grow up to appreciate the sappy girly movies as much as the testoterone producing flicks...thanks....and I'm now a follower....

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...