Saturday, November 29, 2008

MUSIC: September - Earth, Wind & Fire

Taking a page...err..or post out of Jori's blog at Jeff & Me+3 here is my first installment of music that has shaped my life!

When I was 9 years old I was asked an amazing, life altering question by my older cousins who were driving a car through Philadelphia.

What is your favorite song?!?

Well...even as a 9 year old I was terrifically astute and brilliant. I chose wisely and still agree with my choice....30 years later.


EARTH
WIND
&
FIRE
SEPTEMBER
Ahhh....this song takes me to every car ride, every dance floor, most parties and good time of my life. It still makes me move and sing along! Every! Single! Time! I hear it!
I think one of the main reasons that it is STILL my favorite song of ALL TIME...is that I still can't quite figure out what they are saying. I can never conquer this song! It is fabulous!

So I ask you, dear reader, what is your ALL TIME FAVORITE SONG?!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

this song is fer sure fer sure in my top 5 all time FAV songs...
It is hard to pick just one Fav but since you asked Picture by kidd rock and cheryl crow
stoppin by from SITS to say good mornin

jori-o said...

That IS an awesome song! I just played it and my boys and I totally cut a rug! I have NO IDEA what they are saying either!! But that makes it easy to sing along to, right? Just move your mouth and act like you know the words...! =)

jmt said...

Here you go. :)

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/earth+wind+and+fire/september_20044785.html

Star Forbis said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting my Blog. Cute Blog & Blog name. It's nice to meet you.

Casey's trio said...

LOVE Earth Wind and Fire. My dad always played their music while I was growing up.
Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day and saying hello:)

Stephanie said...

Hi lady! Thanks for the comment on my blog! My song iS "LOVE SHACK"! ahahahaha! Thanks again! -Steph

Cathy said...

Totally one of my favorite songs! Stopping by from SITS to say hello!

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...