Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Answer is in the Movie!

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I'm feeling more than ambivalent about our choices for United States President/Vice President. There isn't a clear cut choice for me. November looms. I'm grasping at straws. But wait. A sign, a light....it's a movie....my future president loves my favorite movie! The Godfather! 1 & 2! Regarding The Godfather Part 3...err... "not so much"! I LOVE IT!

Check out the video!
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4472927n

Obama and the Godfather....what a combo. My favorite film! Could this be my guy?!?!?!

I guess I need to give McCain's movie, Viva Zapata, a viewing before November 4th.

In recent months, I've spent some time discussing the possibility of my husband and brother in law running on a write in ticket. Their platform would be the "Untouchables". When asked questions about their stances on the main issues they would look to key lines from the Sean Connery film. Here's how it might go:

Reporter: Presidential Candidate"The Him" what is your stance on terrorism?


The Him: (said in a decidedly Irish accent) They put one of ours in the hospital, we put one of theirs in the morgue!


So I'm that much closer to a decision. I know...I'm reaching....but there have been much lamer reasons to vote for a politician...and at least mine is steeped in Italian American fictional family tradition!

4 comments:

Adlibby said...

I've heard LESS reasonable arguments for picking a candidate. =)

And Palin, wink, wink... the only reason to vote for her ticket is to keep Tina Fey showing up on SNL!

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

LOL...hmmm....I hadn't thought of that angle for voting the McCain/Palin ticket. Signs are everywhere!

Adlibby said...

My mostly hilarious husband quoted this line from Untouchables to me this morning, and I thought of you. (See, my love for the Goo runs deep.) You gotta do it with the accent though. It's Pacino as Capone.

"You can get farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can get with a kind word."

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

How cool is your husband?!

Love the quote and delivery!

Thank you for thinking of us!

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...