Monday, February 9, 2009

Musical Monday: At Long Last Love

OK, Kids! Here's an early Valentine for you on this Musical Monday!

Musical Monday


I was born in 1969...I'll wait while you do the math...and grew up loving all kinds of music from classical to WHAM! to U2, but my parents are the ones who tutored me with the classics...Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Louis Prima and all the other greats. (do you see a nationality trend with these guys?) What feelings the strains of these songs evoke...usually happiness...sometimes longing for days spent with family as a child and always, always, joy.

My song to share today is Frank Sinatra's "At Long Last Love"! This is a song that my children ask us to turn up in the car and causes them to jump with joy at the bursts of the horn section during this classic. For me and My Guy...this is a song we dance to whenever possible, sing to each other and remember how lucky we are to have found each other...with JOY! Thank God it was AT LONG LAST LOVE!

Now...turn up the volume on your PC....sit back...and enjoy....listen to the whole song...it gets better and better!



Ahhhh..that's what moves me! Now go check out Jori-o's and Diane's pick on this beautiful Musical Monday! What moves you?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay what an awesome song...and I loved the story behind it and leading up to it now...awesome!

StylinMom said...

I love that song...I might have to add it to my playlist...

M :)

jori-o said...

Frank is such a stud...he's so classy, and perfect for this week! Good call! =)

Claremont First Ward said...

Frank is just plain classy. Great pick! :)

Diane said...

FABULOUS!!! romantic!

thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! I like your musical monday selection.
I lived in Hoboken, NJ for many years so you can imagine the Sinatra connection I had there.
Hope you visit again soon!
:) Robin
cinnamon & honey

Tiffany said...

that is a great song!

Anonymous said...

I love Frank & Dean. I have gotten Eve hooked on Aretha Franklin too. The old school Aretha.

Thanks for coming by my blog. I've really enjoyed reading yours!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Oh I love that song...and who can beat Frank Sinatra's voice? Honestly?

I love that play dough pizza idea...so cute from the post below!

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...