Monday, July 21, 2008

In Search of World Domination

It was a beautiful day in the world. Sun was shining. Nonna had just gotten her travel plans ironed out at the local post office, with the assistance of our son and daughter of course. With the remainder of the morning at my disposal I suggested a quick trip to the "airplane park". It is called that because of the vintage Vietnam era jet that is propped up in the entrance to the park. The visit to the park started off innocent enough...big jungle gym...sand...slides...swings. Nonna took our daughter on a little walk. Our son....venturing on the the jungle gym, encounters a boy half his age...it is then that the beginnings of world domination begin. He proceeds to block the little boy with a stern look and a unwillingness to let him pass. I, as the witnessing dad, proceed to tell him to let the boy pass...he proceeds to, begrudingly, let him pass and then proclaims to the rest of the world that "WHEN I GET BIG I'M NOT GOING TO LET ANYONE PASS!!" Made me hope that he would not be tending to a bridge and asking for peoples favorite color. I had to silently chuckle and take him aside and remind him of the ol parenting line of "if you aren't nice to them they are not going to want to play with you" to that my world leader sulked over to a tunnel planning my demise I'm sure. He emerged later and asked to go to another part of the park to which I told him it was almost time to go home. Well...our beautiful sunny morning ended with water works and sadness to my dismay. At this point I was pretty sure I was going to get the silent treatment home and I was correct. I am glad to report though, that as with any good diplomatic world leader, within the hour, he is happy again to let me help him with his train set. I am also glad to report that I received I love you's, smiles, hugs and kisses from my WHOLE family as I left to go back to work. I am truely blessed....Ahhhh....Life is again grand on the goo goo ga ga :) I can't wait to get back home!

No comments:

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...