Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Four year old's musical tastes.

I'm frequently amazed by my son, T. O. He is almost 4 years old. His taste in music is an evolving fabulous thing to behold. His recent favorites are the soundtrack to the movie Mulan. Tracks 1 2 4 and 5. The soundtrack to Curious George, tracks 1 and 5, and of course, the ever popular and absolute fabulous favorites of Mary Poppins Soundtrack and The Polar Express. What impresses me is his attention to detail of the music and his love for ballads as well as instrumentals. The music suites of these soundtracks are some of his favorite pieces. I remember suffering slowly as a child as my sister made me listen to a slow ballad...and here is my 4 year old getting it. I love it!

Great T. O. moment tonight at an outdoor concert near the beach: I sang a funny little ditty that I remember from a fabulous old movie called "Cheaper by the Dozen".
"We're sorry to see you go, we're sorry to see you go. We hope to heck you never come back, we're sorry to see you go!".
He heard it once while I jokingly told The Husband and proceeded to sing it with the correct tune over and over again. The husband was a laughing and was shocked not only that he could sing it perfectly after hearing it once, but a little nervous that he was going to sing it in front of the people we'd been teasing.

My almost 2 year old is just as fabulous....she knows what she likes and sticks with it. Dalmation Plantation! Again, Mama! Again! Well...that's life on the goo goo ga ga.

No comments:

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...