Thursday, January 29, 2009

You Prolific Bastids! I love you!

OK. I'm not telling you anything you haven't already figured out....we are not daily bloggers. The best I can do is feed and water my children and family daily. In fact, if you could see the way my scale keeps inching up...you'd be sooooo proud - I'm excelling in this department...but that's another story.

Anywho, we went away. We had good intentions about posting daily from La Bella Italia, but you know how that went. Then we came home. We HAVE SO MUCH MATERIAL. But do you see it? No. We have TONS of great pictures. Do you see them? No. We have two children who give us more daily material than you could possibly believe. Do you hear about it? Ummm..no. We should be posting every other minute...but we don't even post every other day. I'm on my knees confessing over here!

(deep breath)

OK...so we are basically blogging deadbeats. However, you prolific fabulous bloggers, aka Prolific Bastids, who give me so much daily pleasure in reading about your lives and viewpoints have gifted us with two awards. I should be thanking you and you guys gift us with awards!?!? Talk about rewarding bad behaviour! I LOVE IT!

Noah's Mommy, who does not have one, but TWO, fabulicious blogs gifted us with The Fabulous Blog Award!

If you haven't been over to Noah's Mommy's blog...make a bee line over there right now! She is one of the people that you wish lived next door so you could drop in regularly for a cup of tea and her funny take on life. Via blog...we can...so do! Thank you Noah's Mommy...you are a sweetie!

With this award comes responsibilities...I must pass it along to 5 other FABULOUS blogs, but I must list 5 addictions....and to that I say...ONLY 5????

Ok...here we go:

  1. The Him/ The Husband/ The Dad's Kisses! Killer good!
  2. The Him/The Husband/ The Dad's Hugs! He's tall. He has long arms. Do I have to say anything else. Talk about enveloping hugs! LOVE IT! Addicted!!!
  3. My daughters penchant for calling her big brother " My big Sister" Let me use it in a sentence for you: "Mama, don't talk to My big sister like that!" picture the hands on hips!
  4. Jane Austen MOVIES whenever possible add in a comfy chair, blanket and QUIET...ahhh...I need a 12 step program.
  5. A great romance novel or 5000! Ala Julie Garwood, Ala Julia Quinn.

Ok...did I make you sick!? LOL...good!

I now pass on The Fabulous Blog Award to the following FABU blogs and Prolific Bastids!

  1. Adlibby on the Loose! - smart and hilarious, deep and fabulous
  2. Jeff & Me + Three - sweet and funny, bubbly and heartfelt
  3. Pearls of Wisdom - Pearl's endearing humor will keep you coming back for more.
  4. Cucinario di Nonna Ivana - OK...it's in Italian. The pictures alone will keep you coming back for more but the recipes, are. to. die. for. She is an absolutely lovely lady and understands and writes English as well. Go over. It's killer.
  5. Decisionally Challenged - Georgie is DA BOMB (can you even believe I used that phrase) Her confessional alone is worth the price of admission...err..it's free!



Now go forth and frequent these blogs!




Ok...the second award comes from Rhaingel at Penpusher, a blogger who I suspect will become a great writer, screen writer and director. We will be seeing her life on film some day. She is poetic, lyrical, deep and very wise for one so young. I believe she is a wonderful find and a great read. Somehow, this young prolific bastid returns the lovely compliment of frequenting this fuddy duddy (can you believe I used that term on myself?) blog and gave us the Lemonade Award! How sweet is that?


Here are the rules:


1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

But I say do whatever you want :)

Here are 6 blogs that make Lemonade Beautifully!

  1. Two Redheads and a boy-le
  2. Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures
  3. The Wind in Your Vagina
  4. Food, Glorious, Food and life in general
  5. Blok Thoughts
  6. Blog Stalkers Unite

Thank you, thank you, thank you....and I hope these awards bring you the smile that they brought the whole crew on The Goo Goo Ga Ga!

13 comments:

Anabelle said...

Why thank you! :)

jori-o said...

What an honor! Why thank you, you made my day! =)

Michelle said...

I know how you feel about all the material that gets dropped in your lap but never actually makes it to a post. I try really hard to post frequently, but I know I miss a lot.

And thank you so much for coming to visit my blog. Today has been so much fun and so lovely to see the response and fun comments. I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed my blog and come back to visit soon!

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for all the compliments... I blushed. I hope that someday, I'll be walking my way to the writing industry. I am on a field concerning Math but writing (and blogging) has been my constant passion. Thanks again! Those compliments uplift my spirits and made me so much inspired. You deserve those awards. :D

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

Just ran across your blog and wanted to say hi and congrats on your awards!!!!! You might not make it on every day to blog but like what you have to say when you do!!!

Unknown said...

Thankyou...it brightened up my day :-)

I'm trying to post every day, but not suceeding too well. But, I'm going to keep trying !! :-)

ATenorio said...

Awwww, thank you!!!

And I am totally with you on the blogging daily thing. I just can't do it. I seriously wonder all the time how the other moms do manage to write so much. I am thinking they either don't sleep or they have nannies, chefs, housekeepers, or various other staff that they are not telling us about!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank YOU! I am truly honored! Hopefully this means you like me..you really really like me! :) Thanks Again!

p.s. Sorry it took me so long to get over here to accept it...The Secrets have been keeping me busy!

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Anabelle - You are more than welcome! Keep up the good work!

Jori-o - You deserve that and more!

Michelle! Thank YOU!

Rhaingel - You deserve the compliments...accept and enjoy :)

Dena - Thank you for the kind words and gentle encouragement!

Karen - Love the stories on your blog...great work!

Pearl - You are welcome! Love your blog! You are right about those other Moms! Keep it real ladies! :)

Stalker! - We do we do, like you!

Adlibby said...

Fabulous?!! Who me? =) Why thank you dahhhhling! But... prolific?The irony of course is that I haven't been blogging this past week or so. Writer's blah struck me hard. And I'm pondering the balance between writing well and writing often.

But I thank you ever so much and return the love! And you ARE fabulous! Congrats!

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Libby - You have been clipping along at a nice prolific pace until I said something :) Dare I say I hold the power? err..no!
You are fabulous and we hang on every word...we are even willing to wait!

Anonymous said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Thank you, Anon - I just stumbled across my blog, too! Have a great day!

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...