Monday, January 26, 2009

Musical Monday: Sleeping Beauty - Once Upon A Dream



Jori over at Jeff & Me +Three has been having Music Memory Monday for quite a while....but now, with a bloggy friend, has made it official! Musical Monday!

Wow...what a production! Congratulations to Jori and Diane!



Musical Monday

So...musically speaking...here is what is currently moving me on many levels! ;)


This is a song that was not on my radar as a child. I don't remember it at all. It is a song that has become a beautiful part of my children's lives. Until LG (little girl) came along LM (little man) ruled the roost along with the movie and music selections. We all enjoyed the CARS soundtrack, I promise. Little girl cheered him on with every song played. We went through the MULAN soundtrack, most recently the WALL-E soundtrack and with that...HELLO DOLLY. As soon as Little Girl saw Sleeping Beauty she became mesmerized by "Once Upon A Dream" and was immediately transformed into a Princess! She sings the song from the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to bed and in recent days has even suggested that I sing the Prince part of the song because she's the Princess part. She IS the Princess part. I love it!

The lyrics of the song are very simple and seem to, every day, become more fitting for what I feel for my two little little ones. Carrying them each around in my belly, knowing them so well...loving them so well....before we met.

I know you
I walked with you once upon a dream.
I know you
The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
Yes, I know it's true
that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
the way you did once upon a dream



Go check out Jori and Diane and experience your own Musical Monday!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

awww thats beautiful!!! makes me wish my beans were young again

jori-o said...

So sweet! I love this song---Sleeping Beauty is one of my Disney faves. When I pulled up your page, my daughter was standing right here, and she did a quick intake of breath..."Huuuuhhhhhh!" Sleeping Beauty!"
Thanks for playing! =)

Eve Noir said...

thanks! i like some kiddie music too-mainly the music from Nightmare before Xmas! take care.~

Diane said...

my daughters and i walk around singing this all the time. i'll grab them up and start to waltz around in the living room... :)

thanks for the smile, and for playing!

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Oh this will be in my head all day now!! : )

Caitlin said...

That's such an enchanting song. Lovely pick!

Valerie said...

So you are going to think I am stupid because this song brings tears to my eyes.

My father was the best in making sure that his four girls seen all of the Disney movies when we were little. If they were at the theatre we were there. If there was a record he bought it for us. We use to tell our father we wanted to marry him. lol

You brought back great memories for me today. Thanks!

Ginny’s Lazy B Ranch said...

Loved thinking about my princesses who are 18 and 25 now. All little girls should feel like princesses. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Hey Kids! Thank you for the feed back! I love the love!

Adlibby said...

That's a great song. There's something endearing about that princess phase for little girls. My 7 year old daughter wants to be cool now and wear jeans and hang out with the "gang" comprised mostly of boys (don't get me started!) but every now and then she still dabbles in princess land. I love watching her dance around in a Belle Ball Gown without a care in the world.

Now here's my secret: I've been a long time Barbie basher, but I have to admit that the latest batch of Barbie movies are sort of awesome, and the music is really beautiful. My girls like to sing them together and I just melt into a puddle of goo on the floor when they sing and dance for me.

Hootin Anni said...

Good Morning!! [at least it's morning in my part of the world, LOL]

Thanks for stopping by.

Y'know, I love all the kids' movies. And the music is something that continues to go through my mind too. I think it was The Color of the Wind in Pocahontas movie that really got me paying attention more.

Love this blog entry.

AND...to answer your question about the 'pink' arrows and such, I did it all with effects from my paint program on the computer. :o)

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...