Friday, January 9, 2009

We are back!!

Yes we are back on the Goo Goo Ga Ga from our Italian Holiday Adventure!!

As of now we are struggling a bit with jet lag and are in desperate need of naps :) Without them we are dead by 4:00 and struggle just to get the kids in bed and ourselves shortly after.

We did get all of your well wishes along the way. We just were moving at such a quick pace that it was hard to sit down and say "hey" Heck we were moving so quick that we didn't really have an opportunity to pick up any gifts for the peeps back home...sorry to all.

We did have a wonderful time traversing the Italian countryside! Our stops included our start off point of Rome, then to Pompeii, Amalfi, Lecce, Paola, Santa Ninfa (in Sicily), Paola, Bologna and then finishing off back in Rome. We drove 2500 miles in our quest to see all of my wife's family that we had set off to see on this trip. They were all enchanted by our kids! We have left the family with the Donald Duck saying of "what's the big idea!!" We have because our 2 year old daughter said it every 2 minutes we were with them :)

The wife will post later with more details. We took 8gig of pictures so we have a lot to do to weed it down so as not to bore the folks back home when we start our viewings :) In the meantime we are still exhausted. We have lots to tell later.

Buon Natale and Buon Anno to you all!!

We had a great time but it's good to be home.

Ciao for now!

6 comments:

jori-o said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see the pics of your adventures!

jmt said...

I am making my rounds this morning apparently so I can say - I AM INSANELY JEALOUS.

ATenorio said...

Welcome home!!

Lesley said...

So glad you had an amazing trip....I hope you'll post some pictures soon....welcome home....

Adlibby said...

Well Thank God! I was about to send out a search party! Glad you had a good time! Can't wait to see those pix!

ivana said...

Ciao Mr Him!
Ciao Rosalia!
I begin with this post about your journey in Italy!
Bologna? Why no notice to me of this? It had been a pleasure for me to meet you!!!!
I'll read next posts!
Arrivederci!!!!
ivana

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...