Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Wife has tagged me!

This is my first go around on the tag wagon ...so here ya go...

1.What’s your current obsession?

Banking my sleep….I know..I know you can’t bank sleep but I sure try. One of the reason I had such a wonderful holiday weekend this past is because I woke up at 8 every morning and not 5. Then came the day to go back to work….I’m banking on my backup sleep to take me through the week….hmmm…not a bad day back at work….not too tired. Let see if it carry’s through to today….ummmm….NOPE…..DRAT! Needless to say I’m tired again…can’t wait for our vacation on Friday!

2. What’s your weirdest obsession?

Getting worked up about our jackass politicians that are sending our great state of California down the toilet….OH….that really isn’t weird isn’t it?

3. What are you wearing today?

Jeans, hooded high school sweatshirt over a teeshirt, tennis shoes …. It’ casual everyday here at work :)

4. Why is today special?

Every day is special…I’m in love. This is my wife’s but I am plagiarizing it for me :) I’m am madly in love with my wife and my 2 beautiful children.

5. What would you like to learn to do?

Play the piano…. I have a secret passion to do this but fear it too late …I know I know…It’s never too late….but I for now will just have to play air piano on the center arm rest of the car :).

6. What’s the last thing you bought?

A number 10 breakfast at Mickey D’s …. You asked :)

7. What are you listening to right now?

The buzzing of the lights above me

8. What’s your favorite season?

Summer …. I love the long summer days.

9. What’s your most challenging goal right now?

Most immediate challenged is trying to not spill this Mickey D’s coffee on me :) But seriously folks….It has to be…and my wife might concur….Getting our son to LISTEN!! He lost his Wii priveledge last night because ….He didn’t listen once…twice….three times. We felt so bad when the tears came…but our challenge is to stick with the parameters we set….we are not so fearful of the everyday 4 year old not listening…it’s the IF WE SEE A PERIL in front of him and try to warn him that he will just continue to walk….arghhh.

10. What do you think about the person who tagged you?

Ummmm….I love the person who tagged me:) That tagger would have to be the girl of my dreams….the girl that changed my life…the one person that opened up a 40 year old’s eyes. I see a whole new world since I met my wife.

11. What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

Paying a babysitter so my wife and I can go to a movie … It even becomes more guity when our kids the next morning wake and instead of saying “Good Morning Mommy or Daddy” it’s….”Ummm….where is (insert babysitter’s name).

12. Favorite vacation spot?

Anywhere with my wife …This last Italy trip was by far the best vacation I have ever been on…and I would do it over and over again. I will carry with me forever the feeling I had walking at night from the Colossium…by the Roman Forum…all the way to the Trevi Fountain…with my sleepy daughter on my shoulder the whole way…I wanted to call someone I felt so good that night.

13. What would you like to have in your hands right now?

The Deed to a certain Cape Cod home overlooking a certain peninsula

14. What would you like to get rid of?

My Allergys … what I would give to be able to garden our home without fear of the insueing headache that always rears it’s head.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?

I’d go to lunch at a little restaurant in a little town called Roggiano Gravina in Calabria, Italy with all of my cousins. (I’m copying this one of my wife’s…that lunch was spectacular…I will always remember that day in Rogginao Gravina)

16. What bad habit do you have that you would like to terminate?

PROCASTINATION! Don’t we all suffer from that? :)

17.What super power would you like to possess?

Would have to be….”leaps tall buildings with a single bound

18. What is the one thing that you have done in your life that you are the most proud of and if you had the chance to do it again you wouldn't change a thing?

Asking my wife to marry me on the boardwalk in Ocean City, New Jersey…on a cold moonlit night…my wife shivering with her hooded sweatshirt covering her head….ferris wheel spinning in the background…and me on one knee :)

19. What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?

Ok ok…I’m a guy…but I am wearing my favorite piece of clothing…my high school golf tournament sweatshirt.

20. What’s your dream job?

Doesn’t seem as dreamy anymore, with the advent of Expedia, but I always wanted to be a travel agent…traveling the world…telling people where to go.

21. If you had $150 now what would you spend it on?

Dinner and a movie with my wife!

22. Do you admire anyone’s style?

Yes, I admire quite a few people for different reasons, fashions sense, composure, kindness etc.

23. Describe your personal style:

I am a quiet and unassuming guy….that is my style

24. Who’s fashion show would you want tickets to?

My wifes :)

25. If you could slap one person with no repercussions, who would it be and why?

The Terminator up in Sacramento....(see weird obsessions above)

26. What are you most proud of?

The life I’ve helped to create with my wife.

27. If you could choose one person who has passed to have lunch with who would it be and why?

John Adams…would love to know what he thought of the country today that he helped to create 240 years ago..

8 comments:

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Quiet and unassuming, huh? You are sticking with that, are you? :)

Loved your answers! I love you! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Awww.... U guys are so sweet and funny! I dun know if I could ever get my hubby to guest blog :P

Tammy said...

Dinner and a movie with the wife? Can you talk to my husband? hi from the SITStahood.

MaricrisG said...

Congrats on your 1st meme! You might get more so be prepared! :) I dread them.

Hope your day is fantastique!

Lesley said...

i really don't think getting hot under the collar over horrible politicians is weird anymore....and thanks for the fabulous comment on my Feature day...made my day....

Debbie said...

It's so nice to read a post by a man so in love with his wife!

chuxfox said...

Hey Girl! You guys are too funny! I love your humor and the fact that you guys are so down to earth. Just to let you know I may be joining you in the diapers. I hold my pee, too! That is stinking hilarious. Your husband is such a good sport for participating.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

there is a theme here... I can't quite put my finger on it... but it definitely has to do with you being madly in love with someone!

Great answers!

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...