Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's all about....The Me

Cheryl over at A peek into my life: I've been TAGGED!! has tagged me for a MEME.

So. Here. We. Go.

1.What’s your current obsession?

Peeing. Chalk this one up as too much information, but People….I hold it in….all day long…all night long. My excuse during the day is that I can’t seem to actually make it to the bathroom. I try….I make the effort…but since my attention span seems to have diminished with motherhood…as soon as I head down the hall…I notice something that I should have done 20 minutes ago and I go do it…you know…put laundry away…fold laundry…remind one of the kids that they shouldn’t be playing with the toilet water…manage a current dispute among the offspring…eat a cup of pistachios that happen to be along the way…take a phone call…do my work….field a question from the offspring…and give in to their request to play for just a few minutes on building a marble maze. You know…important stuff. My excuse at night is simple…if I’ve been blessed enough to be in bed and not to have been disturbed by anyone else’s needs…my errr..needs can WAIT! However, my fear is that I will get my youngest out of diapers only to put myself in them.

2. What’s your weirdest obsession?

The peeing thing wasn’t weird?

3. What are you wearing today?

Jeans, flip flops, and a breast feeding blouse in a lovely shade of lilac. You know which ones I mean…easy in and easy out? OK….I know…I haven’t breast fed in almost 2 years….I know I know…however, I’ve convinced myself that this particular blouse hides a multitude of flaws and I. Will. Not. Give. It. Up. ...not until I’m a size errr…single digit.

4. Why is today special?

Every day is special…I’m in love.

5. What would you like to learn to do?

I’d like to learn to base all of my decisions on faith rather than fear.

6. What’s the last thing you bought?

Ridiculously expensive hair care products…but don’t tell HIM!

7. What are you listening to right now?

The sounds of my children avoiding sleep. The dishwasher running. The grumblings of aftershock earthquakes.

8. What’s your favorite season?

Spring and Fall – the Awakening and the Slumber.

9. What’s your most challenging goal right now?

To stay in the moment and not think about the next thing I need to do.


10. What do you think about the person who tagged you?

I like Cheryl and her blog – I like peeking into her life and finding a real person with real joys and real problems. Thank you Cheryl!

11. What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

Going into the bedroom to fix the bed/get the laundry/find something/some great act of sainthood, but instead, grabbing a book and laying down for a few minutes of literary pleasure. Oh yeah…I’m a bad girl.

12. Favorite vacation spot?

Anywhere with my guy is pretty spectacular. And Italy is always my number one spot…however…a vacation in Santorini, Greece that I took a few years back stays in my memory as one of the most spectacular places I’ve ever been. I’d like to go back and spend a few weeks with him there…and the children…enjoying the life.

13. What would you like to have in your hands right now?

4 tickets to Santorini, Greece along with three months paid vacation. Is that too much to ask?

14. What would you like to get rid of?

I’d like to get rid of all the anxiety that I’ve quietly and insidiously taken on in the last five years.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?

I’d go to lunch at a little restaurant in a little town called Roggiano Gravina in Calabria, Italy with all of my cousins.

16. What bad habit do you have that you would like to terminate?

I have so many that it seems disingenuous to pick just one…and counter-productive.

17.What super power would you like to possess?

I am a woman – I already have super powers – I just need to cultivate them.

18. What is the one thing that you have done in your life that you are the most proud of and if you had the chance to do it again you wouldn't change a thing?

Hmmm…this is going to sound ridiculous to most of you…but breast-feeding my children for over a year each was one of the most challenging things and one of the things of which I’m most proud.

19. What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?

A summery, crocheted black blouse – it’s crocheted on the top and on the bottom is a silk piece of colorful material that looks like a party. I wear this top with a pair of black pants and it looks like I’m ready for anything…especially a mixed drink!

20. What’s your dream job?

To be a writer. Ummm…a paid writer. OK. A very WELL PAID writer.

21. If you had $150 now what would you spend it on?

Books.

22. Do you admire anyone’s style?

Yes, I admire quite a few people for different reasons, fashions sense, composure, kindness etc.

23. Describe your personal style:

I like to wear versatile solid pieces and flavor them with good shoes and accessories.

24. Who’s fashion show would you want tickets to?

Anne Klein, Versace

25. If you could slap one person with no repercussions, who would it be and why?

Myself. I need a wake-up call most days.

26. What are you most proud of?

The life I’ve helped to create with my husband.

27. If you could choose one person who has passed to have lunch with who would it be and why?

My Dad. He died when I was 14 and I miss him. I want to have lunch with my Dad, my husband and my kids and I’d love to hear their conversation and enjoy the joy.


Now the rules of this tag:

1. Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention
2. Tag 7 other people you would love to learn more about. Here’s mine:

EVERYONE WHO READS THIS - PLEASE leave a comment and answer these questions on your own site - link back here so that I can go read them! Thank you again Cheryl!

****I invite The HIM to do the same!****

10 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, anxiety, he is a companion of mine, too.

As for accomplishing a year plus of breast feeding....GOOD FOR YOU!

I breast fed my children for nine months each and it was the most difficult thing I have ever taken on. Every day I wanted to quit, but each day I didn't. It wasn't something I enjoyed, or something that came easy, but I have never been more proud of myself for doing anything else.

I am glad I stuck with it. It was, for me, a personal victory.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I also LOVE to hold my pee until I possibly can't hold it any longer!!! I'm not kidding!

And I love that you eat pistachios and have them to pass by... like me!!!

This was a cool MeMe to learn about you!

Sally's World said...

this was so great, #1,3 & 11 had me in stitches, and amen to #20....my list seems tame now lol!!!

have a fabulous day!

Debbie said...

OK, the peeing thing is weird. Love the tickets to Greece idea.

MoodyMommy said...

Ohhh, The peeing thing was tooo funny!!!

Stopping in from SITS

Elaine at Lipstickdaily said...

This is great! I can't hold the pee though . . . I go multiple times a day. CAN'T STAND the feeling of having to go!

MaricrisG said...

Number 26 just touched me to the core. Needless to mention, I'm also fatherless now and I still miss him once in a while. Anyway, just hopping in over here to say hi!

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

anxiety.....omg it rules me...I HATE HIM!!!!! great post though!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Great answers! And you're welcome :o) I can sooo relate to your answer to #1...I hold it in too...there's always so many other things to get done that seem more important than getting to the bathroom....LOL

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I love that list. The peeing thing is so funny. I do that at work all day (it is SO bad for the bladder we may very well end up in diapers). I may have to try this meme. It actually made me think.

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...