Friday, September 5, 2008

An exciting time in Politics?

Historically speaking, this is the most invigorating, exciting and groundbreaking time in US politics - A black man has been nominated for President of the United States by a major party. A woman has been nominated for Vice President by a major party. Why doesn't it feel like it's a major party?

When I look at these candidates, I feel like I've walked into a Coach handbag store, I've looked at all these shiney new bags and instead of wanting to buy, all I see are boring sacks that I've owned before and that didn't really go with any of my outfits. I want something new! I want style and organization like I've never seen and I want it to WORK FOR ME!

I *want* to *LOVE* Barack Obama! Heck, Oprah loves him! Why wouldn't I love him!!! He seems like a good man. He seems like he has all the answers.

I *want* to *LOVE* John McCain! What's not to love? A fatherly figure who has experience life in a way I hope to never experience and who has dedicated himself to the people of the US. He thinks he has all the answers.

I *want* to love Sarah Palin! How do you not love a mother of 5 who calls herself a hocky mom pitbull who wears lipstick! How do you not love a woman who has accomplished so much while raising a family? But yet....I don't love her.

I don't love any of them.

An exciting time in politics? Seems more like "Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody!"

2 comments:

Adlibby said...

totally agree! Cool blog. Mind if I follow you for awhile?! Adlibby

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Yes!!!! I love when people agree! And I love using exclamation points!!!! Thank you for being the first person to follow our blog! I'm going to follow yours for a while too!

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...