Sunday, December 14, 2008

Barbra Streisand, Spanish?

Our Little Man loves music....all kinds....especially soundtracks from his favorite movies. Well...WALL-E is the current favorite that led us down the primrose path to one of our favorite musicals, Hello Dolly. So for the last few weeks all we hear are the pleas of Barbra Streisand telling us to "Just leave everything to me", and "Put on your Sunday Clothes". I want to publicly thank Barbra in helping us out in the *getting dressed department* on Sunday mornings!

Anywho, this morning, Little Man is enjoying the music while relaxing and my Mother (The Nonna) approaches Little man. Here's how the exchange went:

The Nonna: Little Man, do you know who this is, singing? (can you hear the Sicilian accent)
Little Man: Dolly
The Nonna: No, Bello, this is Barbra Streisand. Can you say Barbra Streisand?
Little Man: (clearly ignoring Nonna)
The Nonna: Barbra Streisand. Say Barbra Streisand.
Little Man: No, Nonna, I can't say it...I don't speak Spanish.

So there you go. Little known fact: Barbra Streisand is Spanish. At least to my 4 year old Little Man.

Cracked me up.

p.s. This post is a long time coming. And I'm sure during this holiday season, no one noticed (Except my Super Bestest Bloggy Friend Adlibby!), BUT there is a reason! I will blog about it before long!

2 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

ROFLMAO, that cracked me up too.

Cute.

jori-o said...

Yes, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Hope all is well. Sounds like your little man is keeping smiles on your face! =)

Steven Tyler

I’m reading his book right now. “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? A Rock N’ Roll Memoir” . The guy has an unbelievable sense of self ...